Pages

Thursday 3 March 2016

Beauty…… The pain, The gain!





I promise to try and write at least once a day ( I said try) if I have free time during day, my job is too demanding especially at this time of the year, but my love for writing has been picked up again, so I will try my best to keep to it. So today I decided to move away from the obvious and talk about something else, Mostly for me ladies, lovers of all things beautiful. (Oh also for men who want to spoil their lady)
I have always had a thing for designer stuff right from when I was a teenager, I think what I admire about it then is ...... (Trust me I have no idea).
Moving on….

I have decide to talk about the iconic, most sort after Christian Louboutin Pigalle (A girl must have a pair but please don’t break the bank). I have had my eye on the Christian Louboutin Pigalle pair for ages, however  I just didn’t get round to owing one, I think for me it was more of would I rather spend £500 on a pair of shoes or spend that and a bit on a pair of Mulberry handbag (My fav designer…  will leave this for a later day). 

After doing a lot of research and convincing myself, I decided that a shoe as iconic as the Pigalle is definitely worth putting to the test, and how do I achieve this? I decide to finally buy one, (well bought 2 pairs, the black and the beige in 100mm) my favorite to date is the Beige…

So let me put this straight… they are not comfortable (I am dead serious), I remember a friend once said to me, Fissy I have only worn mine 3 times since I last bought them 4 yrs ago” I was alarmed coming from a shoe and high heel lover… however I ignored and bought them regardless.  I must say my first experience wearing them was chaos, I felt like a baby taking her first steps (I remember my mother saying in her African accent “ so you have decided to cause so much agony to your feet" followed by KMT). 

Another common alarm when buying a pair of Pigalle is figuring out what size to purchase. I did a lot of research and I noticed that a lot of people mentioned that the Pigalle run a pinch small. So when I decided to buy mine however, I opted for my actual size 37 ( I took the leap of faith) and I didn’t have any problem. Christian Louboutin shoes are unlike any other, and after eyeing and debating the purchase of a pair of Christian Louboutin Pigalle for a long time (I’d say it took me few years to convince myself that its time to get one) I made an impulse decision and bought them!

Whilst I sat in front of my laptop clicking away trying to order my pair, I knew what I was getting myself into, but that didn’t stop me from making the purchase. As soon as I bought them, I felt this relief (same feeling I get when I buy myself a mulberry item, Oh and the perfect feeling when I bought my BELLA) I wore these pumps around the office once  and trust me even though they’re not the most comfortable pair, they do make you feel elegant and on two different occasions same day, I got compliments about my shoes and ask the question probably on everyone’s minds when they think of the Pigalle pumps:

“How in the world are you walking in those heels?”

The main reason for this rant, the heels are very uncomfortable, like my dear mother will say “beauty is pain” they do hurt your feet however..… you can never go wrong with a pair of Pigalle’s. Don't get me wrong; they're beautiful both on and off the foot, but they are a bit painful. These pumps may pinch my toes and be a pinch too high, but I would never truly regret wearing a pair of classic pumps like this. I found my own way to make wearing them comfortable and I am enjoying both pairs now.

PS: I got a pair of the Louboutin So Kate as a gift for my birthday, I haven't tried them on yet, only around the house and oh dear.. I will let you know how that goes.
Until then...... I still have my eye on the CL Fifi, and ladies please feel free to share your experience.


Love life & Louboutin

Olori Amope

1 comment:

  1. I wore mine twice and I am knocking them off ebay, but may be before I do would you mind sharing how u managed to make yours comfortable to wear?

    ReplyDelete